#YourPrivilegeIsShowing. White privilege. You don’t know because you haven’t struggled. Not everyone has an easy life.
You don’t know my struggles. Just because I don’t go on whining about my obstacles and I’ve actually made a decent life for myself and don’t wallow in my own self-pity doesn’t mean my privilege is showing. It means I’m a big kid now.
- I grew up with a schizophrenic sister. She beat on my parents. Sometimes she would leave and not come back for years, only to return, have a breakdown, and leave again.
- My home was full of anger for all of my childhood.
- Neither of my parents graduated high school. They worked their fingers to the bone to feed us. I remember crying because I didn’t think I had a Daddy anymore.
- I was sexually assaulted as a 7 year old and again as a 17 year old.
- I lost my hearing from a brain tumor.
- My husband is a recovering alcoholic who went to jail for locking me and my baby out of the house on a very cold spring night.
Just because I believe in Capitalism, Conservatism, and the right every human has to life does not mean my ‘Privilege is Showing’.
Fck off. Don’t tell me what I need to be offended by in order to fit in with your liberal-crazy.
Let me pick my own fights.
A woman of ‘privilege’